OpenSourceNRG.com

green energy solar and wind turbine vawt hawt diy
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eastern Wind-Mr Delanco
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:45 pm 

I started this project to supplement my electric usage because of high electric bills and continued price increases by the suppliers. I started with solar and found that the technology just was not invented yet, the panels only worked well or as advertized by the manufactures and suppliers on sunny days and to make solar economical or even affordable to the average homeowners without taking out a loan was not going to happen anytime soon.
I then looked into prebuilt wind systems and found that all were over priced and not very well constructed to be environmentally friendly with Nature and or people with the noise of the blades, parts falling off and low pressure effects ect.
I then decided that if I was to reduce high electric bills I would need to design and build a vawt design windmill and a low speed alternator-generator.
Now this was going to be a great project, I took inventory of the items needed and what was laying around that could be used for this project. The videos I have posted here are the results of the resources that were available for the successful completion of this project.

The Vawt worked better then I thought it would I am totally off the power grid.