OpenSourceNRG.com

green energy solar and wind turbine vawt hawt diy
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

THis Post is deticated to the Axial Flux howto, that was done by Scott Brown known as muddymuddymuddmann on youtube. Thanks to him and others that takes the time to show others how to build an axial flux on your own.

IN THIS VIDEO WE DRAW THE PLANS AND SHOW HOW TO PLAN A WIND TURBINE FROM SCRATCH. MAGNET PLACEMENT AND COIL WINDER PRELIMINARY DESIGNING, AND SOME FACTS THAT MAKE IT EASIER TO PLAN A DESIGN.

THIS VIDEO FINISHES UP UN THE AXIAL FLUX DRAWINGS FOR THIS PROJECTS' ALTERNATOR STATOR AND MAGNET ROTORS. I ALSO SHOW THE EASY WAY TO DRAW IT. AND SOME MORE INTERESTING THEORY.
I'M GLAD TO BE THIS FAR. NOW WE CAN START BUILDING THIS FUN JEWEL.

IN THIS VIDEO WE START A NEW COIL WINDER AND SHOW HOW TO BUILD THE FIRST PART OF IT'S CONSTRUCTION. AND ALSO HOW TO MAKE A CUSTOM DRILL BIT, AND SHOW IT'S PERFORMANCE.
THE NEXT VIDEO HAS BEEN FILMED AND IS NOW IN THE EDITING STAGE.

IN THIS VIDEO I SHAPE THE INSIDE OF THE COIL WINDER THE EASY WAY. NOT MUCH SKILL NEEDED TO DO IT THIS WAY. FAST SIMPLE EASY AND ACCURATELY.
THANKS FOR WATCHING.

IN THIS VIDEO WE SHOW SOME MORE OF THE COIL WINDER BUILD. ALMOST DONE NOW. ALSO WE SHOW HOW WE MADE A DRILL BIT FROM THE ROD WE WILL BE USING FOR THE PINS. THIS WAY WE ARE SURE THE FIT IS TIGHT.
THE NEXT VIDEO WILL COMPLETE THE COIL WINDER. THEN WE WILL WIND THE COILS AND CAST THE STATOR.
SORRY FOR THE DELAY OD VIDEO PROGRESSION AND COMPLETEION. 2 FULL TIME JOBS LEAVE LITTLE TIME FOR ANSWERING COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS, AND MAIL, MUCH LESS EDITING AND PRODUCTION. THE NEXT VIDEO IS IN THE EDIT MODE.
I CANT WAIT TO WIND COILS WITH YOU.
KEEP SMILING AND STAY SAFE.

HEY GUYS AND GALS, ALL WORK AND NO PLAY HAS GOT ME ITCHING TO GET THIS THING BUILT. I WAS DETERMINED TO GET THIS THING BUILT LAST NIGHT, OR THIS MORNING. I'M HIDING OUT FROM WORK THIS MORNING TO UPLOAD THIS THING. WWWEEEEEE! ANYWAY I'M GLAD TO HAVE IT BUILT NOW. NOW I CAN START WINDING COILS. THE NEXT VIDEO SHOULD BE OUT IN A FEW DAYS NOW. EASY WORK FROM HERE OUT. EXCEPT FOR THE MAGNET PLACING.
THANKS SCOTTY B ..... THE MUDDYMUDDYMUDDMANN

IIN THIS VIDEO I WIND THE FIRST COIL FOR TEST PURPOSES. AND I SHOW THE FINISHING TOUCHES ON THE COIL WINDER. AND ALSO I SHOW SCORPION WATER.

IN THIS VIDEO WE WIND THE SECOND COIL. THE CAMERA RAN OUT EARLY, SO IN THE NEXT VIDEOWE WIND THE WHOLE THING WIH THE WRAP UP ON THE COIL WITH TAPE, AND SATURATING THE COIL WITH SUPER GLUE. ALSO WE SHOW THE FIRST COIL AFTER IT HARDENED. IT FITST THE SPACE ALLOTTED PERFECTLY. I SHOW THAT BY PLACING THE COIL ON THE DRAWING WHERE IT NEEDS TO GO. THIS IS THE BEST TEST.

IN THIS VIDEO WE SHOW THE WINDING OF THE WHOLE COIL FROM START TO FINISH AND WRAP UP. IN THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO I SHOW A APOINTER ON WINDING COILS SMOOTHLY AND NOT HAVING LOPSIDED COILS.
ALSO I SHOW THE LAST COIL MADE AND HOW IT MATCHES UP ON THE DRAWING PLANS. IT CAME OUT EXACT. GOOD PLANNING AND MEASURING. AT THE END I SHOW 4 COILS ON THE DRAWING AND THEIR CUSTOM FIT.
THANKS

IN THIS VIDEO WE SHOW ALL THE COILS WOUND AND INSERTED ON THE PLANING DRAWING. AND THEN WE DRAW THE ALIGNMENT OF THE COILS ONTO THE NEW STATOR MOLD BOARD. THEN PLACE THE COILS ON THE MOLD BOARD, CUT THE CENTER CIRCLE, AND THEN WE USE DRYWALL FIBERGLASS TAPE TO BIND THE COILS TOGETHER. NEXT IS THE SUPERGLUE TO BOND THE FIBERGLASS TAPE.
THE NEXT VIDEO WILL BE WIRING UP THE COILS AND SOLDERING THE TERMINALS. THAT VIDEO WILL BE UP TOMORROW OR SAT.

IN PART 10 WE SHOW THE BONDING OF THE COILS FOR FAST CASTING WORK AND THE RESON WHY WE NEED TO DO THAT. PLUS WE SHOW THE COILS BEING LIFTED BY THE MATRIX OF GLUED FIBER GLASS DRYWALL TAPE CONNECTED TO THE COILS. THIS WILL MAKE IT VERY EASY AND FAST FOR CASTING LATER. THEN WE SHOW THE FIRST WIRES BEING ROUTED AND STRIPPED FOR SOLDERING. THEN WE SHOW THE FIRST JOINT ALL FINISHED. THE SECOND PHASE FINISH FROM THE FIRST COIL IS THEN ROUTED AND BEND TO SHAPE TO THE SECOND PHASE START OF THE SECOND COIL IN THAT PHASE. I HAD TOO MUCH FOOTAGE TO PLACE IN ONE VIDEO, SO I OPTED TO MAKE 2 VIDEOS WITH THE FOOTAGE. THIS IS CONTINUED TO PART 11. IT SHOULD BE UP AND READY TO VIEW 1 HOUR AFTER THE PART 10 VIDEO IS UP.

IN PART 11 WE SHOW THE WIRES BEING STRIPPED AND ROUTED FOR A FULL EXAMPLE OF THE WIRING PROCESS. THIS INCLUDES MEASURING THE WIRES, SHAPING THE WIRES TO FORM AROUND THE COILS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS OF SPRING BACK AND HARD TO HANDLE CONNECTIONS, AND THEN TWISTING THE WIRES THE RIGHT WAY. AFTER THAT WE SOLDER THE WIRES TOGETHER THE RIGHT WAY. A CLEAN SOLDER JOINT HAS VERY LITTLE RESISTANCE IN IT. WHERE THERE IS RESISTANCE, THERE IS HEAT WHEN A LOAD IS APPLIED. SO THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INPORTANT STEPS TO GET RIGHT. HAVING A CONNECTION BURN OUT DURING HIGH WINDS CAN MAKE THE WIND TURBINE RUN FASTER.
( NOT GOOD )
PLUS TEARING INTO A CASTED STATOR TO FIX A PROBLEM CAN BE VERY TEDIUS AND FRUSTRATING. AND JUST AS FRUSTRATING TO MAKE A NEW ONE. THE WIRE ITSELF CAN COST UP TO 100 DOLLARS AFTER SHIPPING. NOT BECAUSE YOU WILL USE THAT MUCH WIRE, BUT BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE ENOUGH LEFT OVER TO DO ANOTHER ONE. AND YOU WILL NOT USE THE WHOLE SPOOL FOR THE NEW ONE, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY THE WHOLE SPOOL. IN THIS STATOR THERE IS APPROXIMATELY 6 TO 7 Lbs. OF 14 GAGE WIRE. THE SPOOLS COME IN 7 Lb. AND 10 TO 11 Lb. SPOOLS. THE 7 Lb. SPOOL JUST MIGHT NOT BE QUITE ENOUGH, SO BUYING THE 11 Lb SPOOL IS THE PROBLEM. I BOUGHT 2 SPOOLS. THIS MEANS I CAN DO A 12 VOLT, AND OR A 48 VOLT STATOR WHEN I AM DONE AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH TO PLAY WITH FOR A THIRD ONE. THE ONLY COST THEN IS THE FIBER GLASS RESIN AND FIBER GLASS MESH SHEET.
Thanks
MUDDy

PART 12 DUAL PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE
IN PART 12 DUAL PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE, I SHOW THE WIRING UP OF THE STATOR ALL THE WAY FROM THE STARTS TO THE FINISHTERMINALS. PLUS I SHOW THE PROPPER WAY TO CLEAN THE ENAMEL OFF THE WIRES AND PROPPER SOLDERING TECHNIQUE. A COLD SOLDER JOINT CAN COST YOU A WIND TURBINE. WATCH IT TWICE. ONCE TO READ ALL THE INSCRIPTIONS AND ONCE TO LISTEN AND WATCH FOR THE DETAILS. I AM SORRY FOR GOING SO FAST IN THIS SESSION..
I HAD 45 MINUTES OF VIDEO BEFORE I SAT DOWN TO EDIT THE VIDEO.
ENJOY.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO WE SHOW THE CUTTING OF THE INNER CIRCLE THAT FITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COILS, GETTING THE OUTER RING OF THE MOLD PREPAIRED AND DRILLED, AND THEN WE USE THE HOLES IN THE LID AS A TEMPLATE FOR DRILLING THE 7/32nds HOLES IN THE BASE OF THE MOLD.
THEN WE CAULK THE LINE AND PLACE THE TOP ON THE BASE, AND SCREW THE RING TO THE MOLD, AND SEAL IT. I AM 3 VIDEOS BEHIND RIGHT NOW. I HAVE THE FOOTAGE IN THE EDITING BOX AND AM WORKING ON GETTING THEM OUT ASAP. IN THE MEANTIME... I HAVE BEEN GOING FORWARD IN THE OPERATION OF BUILDING THIS BEAUTY. I CASTED LAST NIGHT. THE POLYESTER RESIN, (FIBER GLASS RESIN), IS SETTING A BIT SLOW. THAT'S OK. THE LONGER IT TAKES THE RESIN TO CURE, THE HARDER THE MATERIAL WHEN IT IS FINISHED. MY WIFE SAID THE RESIN LEFT OVER IS HARD RIGHT NOW. BUT I WILL WAIT UNTIL TONIGHT TO OPEN THE MOLD. THANKS FOR WATCHING, I KNOW IT IS HARD WAITING FOR THE NEXT VIDEO, AND FOR SOME IT IS HARD TO WATCH THE SLOW PACE IN THE VIDEOS. BUT ALL OF THE INFORMATION IS IN THESE VIDEOS, AND THAT IS WHAT I SHOOT FOR. ENTERTAINMENT IS SECONDARY. EDUCATION, AND SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ARE THE CATAGORIES I PROMOTE. THE BACK YARD SCIENTIST RULES WHETHER IT'S RED NECK TECH, OR ASSEMBLE AS YOU GO INVENTING, OR JUST PLAIN SCIENTIFIC ENGINEERING AND HOME BREWED APPLICATIONS. INDUSTRY WILL NOT BUILD IT YOUR WAY WITH YOUR SPECIFICATIONS, WITHOUT CHARGING FOR WHAT YOU MIGHT GET OUT OF IT OVER THE LIFE TIME OF THE UNIT. PLUS IF IT GOES DOWN, THEY WANT AN ARM AND A LEG TO REPAIR IT. BUT ON A HOME BREWED UNIT....THE PARTS ARE AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE AND EASILY AFFORDABLE. AND NO WAITING FOR THE TECH MAN TO COME AND CHARGE YOU. TIME IS THE INVESTMENT. AND IN THESE DAYS, WITH MANY OUT OF WORK LOOKING FOR FREE INVESTMENTS IS THE DEAL OF THE DECADE. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TIME INVESTMENT MAKE MONEY, OR SAVES MONEY RESIDAULLY, (CONTINUOUSLY),. THANKS, WITH GREAT WISHES FOR ALL WHO HAVE STRUGGLED TO GET AHEAD WITH LITTLE TO DO IT WITH. MY WISH IS TO SEE THEM ABLE TO GET OVER THE HURDLE, AND BE SELF SUFFICIENT. AND AFTER YOU MAKE IT THERE, LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER, I'M COMING ALONG RIGHT BEHIND YOU.
MUDDy

IN THIS EDITION WE FINISH ALL PARTS OF THE MOLD, AND WAX IT HEAVILY. THEN WE PREPARE THE MOLD, AND CUT THE FIBERGLASS MESH FABRIC TO FIT THE MOLD. NOW THE MOLD IS SEALED , WAXED, AND THE FABRIC IS CUT. THE WAX HAS BEEN HEATED TO FILL IN THE GAPS AND MAKE A SMOOTH SURFACE FOR RELEASE. CASTING IS NEXT.
THANKS FOR THE PATIENCE IN WAITING FOR ALL THE WORK TO BE DONE. ALL OF THIS PREPARATION IS A MUST. JUST LIKE PAINTING A CAR. YOU CANT JUST START SPRAYING THE CAR
THANKS FOR WATCHING.
MUDDy

WELL WE FINALLY CAST THE STATOR. THE WIFE AND I HAD A BALL. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS WE DID. THE CASTING WENT LIKE A DREAM, EXCEPT FOR ALL THE BUGS THAT SHOWED UP FOR THE 500 WATT LIGHT.
IN THIS VIDEO WE CAST THE STATOR, AND SHOW TIPS FOR MAKING IT COME OUT RIGHT. GREASING THE MOLD, MIXING THE POLYESTER RESIN, WHY WE USE BABY POWDER IN THE MIX, PAINTING THE MOLD WITH RESIN, THE FIBERGLASS SHEET, RESIN, THEN COILS, MORE RESIN, THE NEXT FIBERGLASS SHEET, AND THE REST OF THE RESIN. THEN WE SEAL UP THE MOLD AND SCREW IN ALL THE SCREWS.
MUDDy

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. OPENING THE STATOR MOLD. WHEN THE CATAPILLAR MAKE THE BUTTERFLY EMERGE. A LITTLE EXPLANATION OF TROUBLES AND CURES FOR THOSE PROBLEMS. AND THE FINAL STATOR GETS TESTED BY OHMS METER. .5 OHMS ON EACH COIL. AND THEN A FEW ADDED TID BITS FOR THE NEXT VIDEOS.
THANKS.
MUDDy

PART 17 DUAL PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE DESCRIPTION:
IN THIS VIDEO, WE MAKE THE MAGNET ROTOR TEMPLATE FOR PLACING MAGNETS ON THE ROTOR.
THEN WE TAP THE HUB AND DRILL THE JACKING BOLT HOLES AND TAP THEM. AND SHOW THE HUB , SPINDAL, AND BEARING SET UP. AND DISCUSS A FEW THINGS ABOUT KEEPING BALLANCE THROUGHOUT THE UNIT. AND WE SHOW HOW TO TAP THE HOLES THE RIGHT WAY,
ALSO WE DISCUSS THE REASON FOR USIN A 27/64ths INCH DRILL BIT SO THE INNER DIAMETER OF THE THREADS IS NOT LOST. IF WE USED A 1/2 INCH DRILL BIT, THERE WOULD BE NO THREADS TO MAKE.
THANKS!
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO WE GO THROUGH THE HUB SPINDAL AND BEARINGS. THEN WE CLEAN EVERYTHING UP, AND INSPECT THE PARTS. AFTER THAT WE REPLACE THE BEARINGS AND TAP OUT THE RACES AND REPLACE THEM, PACK THE BEARING WITH GREASE, TAP IN NEW RACES, AND INSTALL THE NEW SEAL, BEARINGS, AND COMPLETELY ASSEMBLE THE FINISHED ASSEMBLY. I DID A LOT OF EDITING TO FIT IN ALL THE INFORMATION, AND VIDEO THAT I COULD. THIS IS IN ORDER TO KEEP THE WHOLE PROCESS IN ONE 15 MINUTE VIDEO. ALSO I SHOW A SMALL CLIP OF THE FINISHED MAGNET ROTR AFTER CASTING.
IT CAME OUT NICE! THE FOOTAGE CAME FROM THE NEXT VIDEO, (PART 19).
I HOPE YOU REALY ENJOY THESE 2 VIDEOS, AND SHARE THEM. THIS VIDEO IS FREE SO ALL CAN ENJOY THE FULL BUILD OF A WIND TURBINE BUILT FROM SCRATCH, INSTEAD OF SPENDING 200 BUCKS TO LEARN HOW TO BUILD FROM SOME FLY BY NIGHT SCAM ARTISTS VERSION OF FREE ENERGY. I URGE YOU TO DOWN LOAD THE WHOLE SERIES AS IT IS PRESENTED. U2B VIDEOS DONT LAST FOREVER. YOU NEVER KNOW. WHY TAKE A CHANCE. I DONT PLAN ON LEAVING ANYWAY. NOT FOR A LONG TIME I HOPE.
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, AND ALL OF YOUR LOVED ONES. KEEP SMILING AND HAVE A BALL.
MUDDy

THE FUN OF CASTING THE PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IS HERE.
WE LEARN DISK PREPARATION, MAGNET POLARITY MADE FUN AND SIMPLE, MAGNET SAFETY, MAGNET HANDLING, HOW TO USE THE MAGNET TEMPLATE, PLACING THE MAGNETS, FORMING THE CASTING MOLD WITH ALUMINUM FOIL TAPE, MIXING THE RESIN / HARDENER, POURING THE RESIN, AND A FEW THINGS ABOUT THAT, WHY NOT TO POUR THE RESIN LEVEL ABOVE THE MAGNETS. WHY WE STILL LEAVE A COATING ON THEMAGNETS, AND FINALY.... THE FINISHED MAGNET ROTOR CASTING.
THIS OPERATION RAN SO SMOOTH THAT THE ONLY PROBLEM WE HAD WAS, THE CAMERA RAN OUT OF MEMORY. THIS MAGNET ROTOR IS SWEET. I HOPE YA'LL ENJOT IT AS MUCH AS I DID.
GOD BLESS YA'LL.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO, I SHOW THE FULL PREPARATION FOR CASTING THE 2nd MAGNET ROTOR. INCLUDING ... PLACING THE MAGNETS, MAKING THE CASTING MOLD FROM ALUMINUM FOIL TAPE, MIXING THE POLYESTER RESIN AND HARDENER, POURING THE RESIN, MANIPULATING THE RESIN TO FILL ALL ENDS AND SIDE OF THE MAGNETS. AND FINALLY, PEELING OFF THE
ALUMINUM FOIL TAPE MOLD. I THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FUN AND HELP ALONG THE WAY.
SCOTT BROWN
MUDDy

HEY GUYS, THANKS FOR WATCHING. AND THANKS FOR WAITING SO LONG AS I HAD TO WORK A FEW LONG HOURS SINCE THE LAST PART. IN THIS VIDEO, WE DO ABOUT HALF OF THE METAL WORK INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS 750 WATT MACHINE. JUST A FEW PARTS CUT AND WELDED. THEN WE DRILL HOLES FOR THE STATOR ALL-THREADS, AND SLAP IT TOGETHER IN PART 22 OR PART 23. I ALREADY HAVE THE 3 PHASE BRIDGE RECTIFIERS, AND I HAVE HAD ONE OF THEM APART ON CAMERA TO SHOW HOW SIMPLE THEY ARE TO REBUILD IN THE EVENT OF A BLOWOUT. SIMPLE LITTLE CRITTERS... WELL ITS OFF TO BOOM BOOMS' BOOM TOWN LABs TO FINISH UP ON THIS METAL WORKS, AND A FEW OTHER PROJECTS TO PLAY WITH. MAN! BOOMER HAS A LOT OF NICE TOYS. I WILL USE HIS WELDER TO FINISH UP. HOPEFULLY WE CAN BUILD A REALLY DECENT CRYSTAL RADIO TO PLAY WITH.
HOPEFULLY PART 22 WILL BE UP AND RUNNING ON THE CHANNEL TOMORROW NIGHT. THE WEATHER FORECAST HAS A LOT TO DO WITH WHAT WE GET TO DO FOR FUN THERE. RAIN IS EXPECTED ALL WEEKEND. THE DUAL ESCAPEMENT IS REALLY SHOWING SOME PROMISE. MAN THAT THING IS HUGE. 500Lb WEIGHT SWINGING BACK AND FORTH, ALL FOR THE SAKE OF FREE ENERGY. YOU GOTTA LOVE IT.
THANKS FOR WATCHING.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO WE SHOW SOME MORE METAL WORKS AND WELDS, HOW TOs FOR GETTING THE ACCURACY NEEDED TO MAKE IT ALL COME TOGETHER NICELY. CUTTING OF SHAPES, PROPPER WELDS AND HOW TO RECOGNISE THEM. MEASUREING AND MARKING THE HOLES FOR THE STATOR, AND STATOR BRACKETS, AND PROPER WAY OF DRILLING THE HOLES FOR KEEPING THE ALLTHREAD STRAIGHT. THIS KEEPS THE STATOR IN THE MIDDLE SO IT DOESNT RUB AGAINST THE ALTHREAD STUDS FOR MOUNTING THE MAGNET ROTORS AND BLADES.
THANKS FOR WATCHING.
MUDDy

HELLO, I AM VERY GLAD TO GET UNDER WAY ON THIS WIND TURBINE VIDEO SERIES. IN THIS VIDEO WE INSTALL THE ALLTHREADED RODS FOR THE ROTOR ASSEMBLY, MEASURE AND CUT THE BRACES AND FRAMEWORK. PLUS I SHOW HOW TO GET THE EXACT ANGLES AND CURVES CARVED OUT AND CUTT THEM TO PERFECTION. I ALSO SHOW THE THEORY OF WHY THE POLE FOR THE WAY BEARING SITS ON THE SIDE IT SITS ON. THIS IS DUE TO GYROSCOPIC PROCESSION. AND I DO SOME MORE METAL WORK AND WELDING. MORE SPARKLIES AND SPACE TRAVEL EFFECTS. LOL.I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS VIDEO. GOD BLESS YOU.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO,I SHOW THE NEWLY MADE BRACE FOR THE YAW BEARING INSTALLED, AND WELDED, THEN WE CUT SOME PIECES FOR MAKING THE TAIL PIVOT, ( MORE METAL WORK AND WELDING, I SHOW HOW TO SET THE TAIL PIVOT UP, I SHOW THE TAIL PIVOT INSTALLED AND WELDED. THINGS ARE COMING TOGETHER. SORRY ABOUT SOME OF THE CAMERA WORK WHEN BOOMER IS CUTTING. IT SEEMS THAT IT TAKES A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION TO HOLD THE CAMERA AND PUT OUT FIRES AT THE SAME TIME. I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE USED THE TRIPOD. LOL. I HAD A BALL AT BOOMERS. I HAD ORIGINALLY PLANNED ON 2 OR 3 DAYS THERE, BUT IT TUNRED INTO A FULL WEEK, BECAUSE MELISSA HAD TO WORK EXTRA HOURS AT WORK, AND COULD NOT COME GET ME.. THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A BLESSING. IT ALLOWED US TO GET A BIT MORE DONE AND FINISH UP THE GREEN MACHINE FOR BOOMERS PURPOSES.
KEEP SMILING AND HAVE A BALL.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.
MUDDy

THE CONTINUATION OF THE DUAL PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE SERIES HAS BEEN A LONG TIME WAITING.

IN THIS VIDEO, I ALSO SHOW THE 24 HOUR 7 DAYS A WEEK LED LIGHTS GOING STRONG, A 9 VOLT JAM BOX RADIO RUNNING ON THE SHOPS' 12 VOLT SYSTEM. AND THE SMALL RELAY STYLE SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER. IT'S A 9 VOLT RELAY COIL IN SERIES WITH A 15 TURN POTENTIOMETER AS A VOLTAGE SENSOR. THESE SEGMENTS ARE SHORT AND QUICK.

THE AXIAL FLUX BUILD INCLUDES CLEANING UP THE MAGNET ROTORS AND
REPAINTING THEM, REPAINTING THE STATOR, TEST MOUNTING THE STATOR,
MOUNTING THE STATOR, AND TESTING THE STATOR WITH ON MAGNET ROTOR
INSTALLED. 3 VOLTS AT 60 RPMs. 6 AT 120 RPMs. IT'S LOOKING GOOD SO FAR
AND GETTING THERE QUICK. I WAS GLAD TO SEE THE VOLTAGES OF ONE ROTOR MATCHING THE PREDICTIONS. MOST OF PART 26 IS ALREADY FILMED AND SHOWS THE SECOND ROTOR INSTALLATION. AND TESTING. RIGHT ON TARGET, AND A PINCH MORE.

THANKS FOR WATCHING AND KEEP SMILING. GOD BLESS ALL.
MUDDy

WELL I WANTED RED AND YELLOW. SO I WENT AND BOUGHT SOME GOOD PAINT. AND REASSEMBLED THIS JEWEL. AND SOME TESTS. AFTER EDITING THIS EDITION, I STILL HAD SOME MORE FOOTAGE, AND JUST COULDN'T SQUEEZE IT IN. SO PART 27 IS COMING UP AS SOON AS THIS ONE IS UPLOADED. IT LOOKS PRETTY AND STRONG AS CAN BE. I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS SO FAR.
THANKS ALL. MUDDy

THE FINAL FOOTAGE OF THE ALTERNATORS' BUILD. AND SOME TESTING. WE TIGHTEN UP ALL OF THE LOCKNUTS, AND FRONT LUGNUTS. NOW WE GET TO BUILDING THE TAIL, PROP, TOWER, AND ECT.
I'M PRETTY HAPPY WITH THE WAY THIS UNIT RESPONDS. IT'S A BIT STRONGER THAN I HAD PREDICTED. I'M LOVING IT.
GOD BLESS Y'ALL.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO I EXPLAIN A FEW NEEDFUL KNOWLEDGE ASPECTS OF THE AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE, AS WELL AS DOING SOME AMPERAGE TESTS USING 2 OF THE TERMINALS AND THE AMP METER. THE NICE HOMEMADE TOOL THAT BETO CARERRA HELPED ME MAKE WHILE HE WAS HERE, JUST JAPPENED TO COME IN HANDY AGAIN AS A NICE CRANK FOR THE ALTERNATOR. WE SAW ABOUT 14 AMPS IN THIS VIDEO, BUT I GOT IT UP TO 16 AMPS OFF CAMERA. PLUS OFF CAMERA I LIT UP SOME MORE LIGHTS FOR GIGGLES. LOL. I TALKED A LITTLE ABOUT MATCHING THE PROP TO THE ALTERNATOR OR VISE VERSA. MATCHING THE PROP TO THE ALTERNATOR IS A MUST, OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE POWER EXPECTED OUT OF THE WIND TURBINE. PLUS I EXPLAIN HOW ONE PHASE OF THE ALTERNATOR WORKS, AND HOW THE ALTERNATOR IS (ALWAYS) GENERATING WITH 2 PHASES AT A TIME. AND I EXPLAIN SOME OF THE SIMPLE CALCULATIONS OF THIS PARTICULAR ALTERNATOR, THAT SEEMED TO SPRING UP BY MEAR CHANCE. THE VOLTS PER RPM, AND CYCLES PER SECOND ALL SEEM TO BE POWERS OF TEN ON THIS UNIT. PRETTY COOL I THINK. IT MAKES FOR EASY CALCULATIONS WITHOUT HAVING TO USE A CALCULATOR OR EVEN A PENCIL. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. THE NEXT VIDEO IS HALF WAY EDITED AND ON IT'S WAY. I EXPLAIN HOW TO MATCH THE PROP TO THE ALTERNATOR AND WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT. AND OF COURSE A FEW EASY WAYS TO GET THE MATCH PERFECT WITHOUT GOING THROUGH A LOT OF TROUBLE OF TAKING IT DOWN, OR CHANGING ANY COILS OR PROPS. THE BEST PART OF IT ALL IS, THESE ARE ADJUSTABLE, AND SO IS THE CUT IN SPEED. THAT'S PROVIDED YOU KNOW A FEW TRICKS THAT MOST WILL NOT TELL YOU ABOUT. IT'S TOO EASY, AND VALUABLE FOR THE GREEDY TO LET YOU KNOW. THAT MEANS I WILL PROBABLY GET A BUNCH MORE OF THE MEAN AND NASTY CORPORATE GOONS MAD AT ME AGAIN. I LOVE IT. WWWEEEHHHAAWW! ENJOY. IT'S ALL FREE.
LOL
MUDDy

A CONTINUATION FROM THE FOOTAGE OF PART 28. A FEW MORE NEEDFUL THINGS TO KNOW. SUCH A: LENGTH OF PROP, AND WHAT IS THE RIGHT SIZE FOR THE UNIT IN QUESTION. HAT A PROP THAT IS TOO SMALL DOES OR DOESN'T DO. AND WHAT A PROP THAT IS TOO LARGE DOES, AND DOESN'T DO. IN ADDITION TO THAT, I SHOW THE BEGINNINGS TO THE NEW PROP CARVING MACHINE. AND SOME PICTURES AT THE END. ENJOY.
GOD BLESS Y'ALL. MUDDy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 pm 

SAM YOU ARE, THANKS FOR THE INVITATION AND THE POST. I AM GLAD YOU ASKED ME TO ALLOW THE VIDEOS HERE ON THE FORUM. I HAVE ADDED THE LINK TO THE LAST VIDEO SO FAR. AND IT WORKS. I WILL ADD IT TO THE REST OF THE VIDEOS LATER. THIS WILL MAKE THE FORUM JUMP I HOPE. LOTS OF NEW TRAFFIC. OPEN SOURCE IS THE BOMB.
MUDDy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 pm 

Wow this is great guys. I've watched several of Scott's videos on youtube. I have ordered parts for his ceiling fan wind turbine idea and have been looking around the web for different designs. I am not sure what will work best where I am at ( East Texas ). I looked at the wind maps and it seems I am in a bad area for wind, but I plan on trying it anyway.

Just wanted to drop in and say how much I appreciate you guys sharing this information! I am completely ignorant when it comes to electrical engineering or wind turbines and without your help I would never be able to venture into creating green energy so once again a big thank you to you guys that put your hard work and effort into sharing with the rest of us.

Regards,

Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Ryan, we are glade you are learning few things from us.
you are going to notice that our Forum is full of security features, i am keeping it this way for few week untill i can figure out all the bugs in it.

thanks again
sam