OpenSourceNRG.com

green energy solar and wind turbine vawt hawt diy
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:19 am 
Site Admin

IN THIS VIDEO I SHOW THE SO CALLED GREEN MACHINE ALREADY DISMANTLED, AND ON IT'S WAY TO BEING REBUILT. I GROUND DOWN THE MAGNET ROTOR DISKS, RE DRILLED THE HOLES ON THE ROTORS TO THE SIZE THEY ARE ON THE HUB. THIS HELPED TO CENTER THE ROTORS A LOT. AND I GROUND THEM DOWN TO A PERFECT CIRCLE FOR BETTER BALLANCE.
I DID ALL OF THIS BEFORE I EVEN STARTED THE CAMERA FOR THIS VIDEO. AND I PLACED THE MAGNETS ON THE FIRST ROTOR, AND PAINTED IT.
THEN I STARTED THE CAMERA TO SHOW THE PROCESSES IN BUILDING THE AXIAL FLUX ALTERNATOR. IN THIS VIDEO I PLACED THE MAGNETS ON THE SECOND ROTOR, AND CASTED THE ROTOR. ALL OF THE FOOTAGE FOR THIS WHOLE SERIES IS ALREADY MADE, ALONG WITH A LOT OF FOOTAGE ON THE DUAL PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE. THE VIDEOS WILL BE POSTED AS FAST AS I CAN EDIT THEM.
ENJOY.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO, WE WORKED OUT THE REST OF THE PROBLEMS WITH THE GREEN MACHINE AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE ALTERNATOR. AND PARTIALLY ASSEMBLE THE UNIT. I GROUND OUT SOME METAL JOINTS, AND DISSASEMBLED THE PARTS, AND REWELDED THEM IN THEIR TRUE ALLIGNMENTS. PLUS I SHOWED HOW I GOT THE TRUE ALLIGNMENTS BEFORE WELDING. AND A FEW TRICKS FOR MAKING ALL THIS MATCH UP THE RIGHT WAY.
THE NEXT VIDEO, PART 3, SHOULD SHOW THE FULL ASSEMBLY OF THIS UNIT.
THANKS FOR WATCHING.
MUDDy

IN THIS VIDEO WE START THE REASSEMBLY OF THE GREEN MACHINE. WE GET ALL THE WAY UP TO MOUNTING THE FIRST MAGNET ROTOR, AND THE STATOR. AND SHOW THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE GAP.
I TRIED TO GET ALL OF THE ASSEMBLY INTO ONE VIDEO, BUT THERE WAS JUST TOO MUCH FOOTAGE TO SQUEEZE INTO ONE VIDEO. THIS ONE IS SHORT, (AT ABOUT 11 MINUTES), COMPARED TO MOST OF MY VIDEOS. IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD DIVIDING POINT IN THE ASSEMBLY SECTION OF MY FOOTAGE. PART 4 WILL RESUME WHERE THIS ONE LEFT OFF AND COMPLETE THE ASSEMBLY.
PART 5 WILL SHOW THE WIRING OF THE OUTPUTS IN DELTA AND STAR., AS WELL AS TESTING THE UNIT.
I HOPE YA'LL ENJOY.
MUDDy

HELLO AND WELCOME TO PART 4. IN THIS VIDEO WE FINISH UP ON THE REBUILDING OF THE GREEN MACHINE AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE. WE CHECK POLARITY OF THE MAGNET ROTORS BEFORE INSTALLING THEM, AND SHOW HOW TO GET THEM TO RUN TRUE WITH THE STATOR. THEN WE TIGHTEN IT ALL UP AND I END IT THERE. THE NEXT VIDEO SHOWS THE TESTS AND WIRING OF STAR AND DELTA. AND SOME EXPLANATION OF THE 3 PHASE DIODE BRIDGE RECTIFIER. THEN WE HOOK IT UP AND GIVE IT THE OLD CRANK.
MUDDy

HELLO AGAIN, WELCOME TO PART 5.
IN THIS VIDEO WE EXPLAIN THE BASICS OF HOW THE AXIAL FLUX TERMINALS OF THE GREEN MACHINE ARE SET UP. THEN WE WIRE IT UP.
WE ALSO SHOW THE 3 PHASE DIODE BRIDGE RECTIFIER, AND HOW IT WORKS, AND HOW IT IS CONNECTED.
THE WE EXPLAIN THE WIRING CONFIGURATIONS OF STAR AND DELTA. YOU CAN RELAX,... I DIDNT SHOW HOW TO CONNECT IT AS A VOLTAGE ADDER. AFTER ALL IS CONNECTED IN STAR CONFIGURATION, I CRANK THE ROTOR TO TEST FOR HOW MANY RPMs IT TAKES TO ACHIVE 12 VOLTS. THEN I CRANK IT UP FOR 120 RPMs. ALMOST 20 VOLTS. WWWEEEE!
THEN I SWITCH OVER TO AMPERAGE AND CONNECT THE METER IN SERIES. I SHOW THAT IT IS VERY HARD TO CRANK NOW. AND I SHOW HOW MUCH WORK IT TAKES TO GET 2 AMPS. LESS THAN 60 RPMs.
THEN I SHOW HOW EASY THE ROTOR TURNS WITHOUT A LOAD. AND HOW FAST IT STOPS WHEN IT IS SHORTED OUT. AND ONE LAST DEMO.... EVEN WITH IT SHORTED OUT, THE ROTOR CAN STILL BE TURNED VERY SLOW WITYH JUST THE WEIGHT OF AN EXTRA NUT ON ONE OF THE LUG ALLTHREADS.
I WAS WELL PLEASED AT THE FACT THAT IT SPUN LIKE A BICYCLE WHEEL, UNTIL IT HAD AMPS DRAWN FROM IT.
THANKS FOR WATCHING.
MUDDy

THIS IS THE BUILD OF THE PEDAL POWERED APPARATUS FOR THE GREEN MACHINE. THE GREEN MACHINE IS A DUAL PERMANENT MAGNET ROTOR AXIAL FLUX WIND TURBINE THAT WAS A PROTOTYPE. IT WAS PAINTED GREEN AND DAMAGED IN SHIPPING, THUS IT NEEDED BEBUILDING. NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN FULLY RESTORED TO A FINAL WORKING CONDITION. WE FINALY GET TO DO THE TESTS THAT WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO PRIOR TO THE REBUILD. IN THIS VIDEO WE WELCOME JESSE JAMES BEASON, WHO IS NOT JUST A DIRECT DECENDANT FROM THE JESSE JAMES OF HISTORY, BUT A REALLY FAST WELDER AND COMEDIAN IN HIS OWN RIGHT.
AND WE WELD UP A CONCOCTION OF SIMPLICITY THAT JOINS THE AXIAL FLUX ALTERNATOR TO A SIMPLE EXERCISE BIKE, VIA FRICTION DRIVE.
THE LIST OF PICTURES AT THE END OF THE VIDEO, JUST BEFORE THE BLOOPERS, SHOWS ONE POWER READING OF THE PEDAL POWERS CONTRAPTION AT WORK. WE HAD BETTER READINGS OFF CAMERA AND ALSO SINCE THE RECORDINGS. PART 7 WILL BE UP, I HOPE TOMORROW. I LEFT THE FOOTAGE AT BOOMERS PLACE, (BOOMTOWN LABORATORIES), AND BOOMER HAD TO UPLOAD THEM TO MY GOOF OFF CHANNEL UNDER THE PRIVATE SETTING. THEN I HAD TO DOWN LOAD ALL OF THE FOOTAGE THAT STARTED THIS PROJECT, AND CONVERT THE FOOTAGE, AND THEN I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO SEND IT ALL TO THE EDITING BOOTH. AND I KNOW IT'S ABOUT TIME TOO. LOL.
PART 7 SHOWS THE TESTS, AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW THAT ONE TOMORROW AFTER EDITING.
CHEERS, HAPPY WATCHING, AND GOD BLESS YA'LL, EACH AND EVERYONE.
MUDDy

THIS IS THE TEST RESULTS WE GOT BEFORE WE LEFT BOOMTOWN LABS A FEW WEEKS AGO. IT TOOK ME ALMOST 2 WEEKS PUTTING THIS VIDEO TOGETHER WITH AS MUCH FACTUAL DETAILS AS I COULD SQUEEZE IN. I HOPE YOU LIKE PAUSING THE VIDEO EVERY NOW AND THEN TO SEE ALL THE THINGS THAT OCCURRED AND MADE THE TEST RESULTS AS THEY ARE.
ALSO I SHOW THE WAY I GET THE RPMS FROM THE EDITING BOX. EDITING THE VIDEO CLIPS INTO ONE MOVIE, HAD GREAT BLESSINGS THIS TIME. I GAINED A LOT OF INSIGHT AS TO WHAT WAS HAPPENING DURING THE TESTS. AND THE VARIABLES THAT FUNCTIONED WITH THE TESTS. EDITING AND RE-EDITING GIVES ONE A LOT OF DETAILS THAT ARE USUALLY OVERLOOKED. I HAD TO EXPLAIN THEM THIS TIME SO YOU COULD REAP THE BENEFIT OF EACH THING LEARNED.
I MEAN THE WIND TURBINE IS NOT THE OBJECT, BUT THE LEARNING AND WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR ALONG WITH THE DETAILS TO HELP AVOID MISTAKES. IF YOU MAKE ALL YOUR OWN MISTAKES IN LIFE, YOU WOULD BE PRETTY CLEANED OUT OF ALL YOU HAVE. BUT LEARNING FROM OTHERS MISTAKES CAN MAKE YOU RICH. WELL I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM OTHERS MISTAKES, BUT I HAVE MADE IT RICH IN OTHER WAYS SUCH AS GIVING. THE MORE YOU HAVE THE MORE YOU HAVE TO PAY JUST TO KEEP IT. BUT GETTING RID OF THINGS, AND SEWING UP HOLES LIKE ELECTRIC BILLS, CAN KEEP WHAT YOU HAVE A LITTLE EASIER.
THAT'S WHAT THE WIND TURBINES ARE ABOUT. A CHEAPER WAY OF LIVING, AND ALMOST A RETIREMENT. I HOPE YA'LL ENJOY.
GOD BLESS YA'LL
MUDDy